Thursday, February 09, 2006

A scene which poked my depth

Today morning I did my meditation session to keep my balance. But while I was driving to office, I happen to see a terrible experience which threw me completely out of balance. The scene made me question the root of my meditation practices itself. Let me narrate the scene.

When I just entered the Sangam Bridge, I noticed somebody lying on the rails of the bridge close to the other end. I thought it may be some drunkard, who has lost his balance. But when I reached near to him, I saw a fully naked, dark male, with brown hairs, lying on the ground, close to the railings. He was trying hard to cling to the railings even though I didn’t understand his actual intentions. This was one of the most pathetic situations, I have ever seen of a human being. I lost my mental balance which I was trying to achieve from morning. Bike's accelerator was released and I felt like losing energy. I just thought what I can do in such a situation. Not able to find a proper one, I just prayed from my heart for him till I reached the office. I am not sure, whether my mind was finding an excuse or was there anything I could have done at that point.

No comments: