Sunday, February 05, 2006

Deep Blue Sea

Something always touches the depth of my heart, when I am near the sea or ocean. I am not sure what exactly the connection between my heart and the sea is. But everything about sea takes me inside, to the abyss. The dark blue color of the deep sea is my all time favorite. The various moods of the sea are very much similar to the human mind. The sea will be as calm as our mind after a meditation session at the early morning hours during summer. I feel as if the sea goes into deep meditation states during night. The wildest mood I think is during a stormy afternoon during autumn. Furious to swallow anything which comes in its way, the mood is deadly dangerous. And there are as many numbers of intermediate moods as we have for our minds. The depth of sea is as vast, that we just know only a small portion of it. It is similar to our knowledge of the mind, where we just know only less than 10% of our conscious mind.

But sea as such is not good or bad. The waves give the quality to the sea, just as our thoughts. But the waves are not different, they are the sea itself.

I used to watch the sea, continuously for hours and hours standing at the deck of the ship, when we traveled from Kochi to Lakshadweep. When I stand, on the deck, I can have a 360 degree view of the sea. Just me, in a small ship and everything else is sea. It makes me humble to the core, and it’s the experience of bliss. During my childhood, I used to study, sitting under a coconut tree at the sea shore. Watching the waves, one after the other splashing at the shore, I never get exhausted even if I sit for more than five hours at a stretch. Even now words just flows out of me just like the continuous waves, when I start thinking about sea. But let me stop for the time

No comments: