Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Drive

t has been about two yeas that I have started driving from Chenganur to Malayalapuzha and back daily. Close to sixty kilometers a day. In the initial days, I justified my decision of buying a diesel car because the monthly commutation would anyway come more than 1500 km a month and  a people say its only economical if you have more than 1200 KMs to commute per month. But even then, it pricked me at the back of my heart that I am spending too much on daily commutation and moreover becoming a reason for the increasing carbon footprint and in turn for the haphazard climatic change happening globally. So as an initial step I started driving car with least fuel consumption. car gurus usually says with few tips you can increase the mileage of the car by over 20%. I am experimenting. Also in a short period of time, I may find some way to stop this long distance driving business and find an alternate way of settling down. I have sent my wishes to the universe and now its duty to respond. Since the condition of my lower back is also deteriorating, I may soon choose an auto gear shift car which will reduce the burden on my back and the knees while applying clutches especially in bumper to bumper traffic. I have kept my eyes on the recently launched Ignis of Maruti- the AMT version. Also I may switch back to the petrol version of the car considering the pollution factor, and decreasing margin between the price of petrol and diesel in India.

No comments: